Icons updates - philippejugnet

PhilippeJugnet's blog, for everything art-related in Pxile. View the fantastic pixels.

Icons updates - philippejugnet

Postby philippejugnet » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Well here are the first icons and ideas

can you do a pet system Innomin?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

they don't look so nice because the borders aren't working well with this black background.

This is my official palette ( new one ) it is the one I am doing for the graphics.

Last edited by philippejugnet on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
philippejugnet

Re: Icons updates - philippejugnet

Postby laneg » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 am

Let's hold off on pets for now. If we have time, maybe on the PC release?

I forgot to mention this, but there isn't an item menu in this game. It was a design decision I made, because of these reasons:
a) I'm sick of going through massive Final Fantasy sized inventories trying to find interesting items, and rarely using any of them. Do you ever need 99 phoenix downs?
b) Limited inventories are awful. You end up spending half your playtime managing what to discard. How is this fun?
c) Healing items are dumb. They force you to keep opening your inventory and healing a little, and they give you way too much "effective hp".

Pxile will have Weapon icons, though, and I really like what you've done so far. That scale is perfect.
So, yeah, I'm glad I caught this early, but you only have to do icons for Rings and Weapons. We could do a pet system, but then you would just have a "Pet A Ring", "Pet B Ring", etc. Rings do everything from abilities, screen effects, healing you, making save points, etc. Hopefully this makes up for the lack of an inventory.
laneg
Site Admin

Re: Icons updates - philippejugnet

Postby philippejugnet » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 am

laneg wrote:Let's hold off on pets for now. If we have time, maybe on the PC release?

I forgot to mention this, but there isn't an item menu in this game. It was a design decision I made, because of these reasons:
a) I'm sick of going through massive Final Fantasy sized inventories trying to find interesting items, and rarely using any of them. Do you ever need 99 phoenix downs?
b) Limited inventories are awful. You end up spending half your playtime managing what to discard. How is this fun?
c) Healing items are dumb. They force you to keep opening your inventory and healing a little, and they give you way too much "effective hp".

Pxile will have Weapon icons, though, and I really like what you've done so far. That scale is perfect.
So, yeah, I'm glad I caught this early, but you only have to do icons for Rings and Weapons. We could do a pet system, but then you would just have a "Pet A Ring", "Pet B Ring", etc. Rings do everything from abilities, screen effects, healing you, making save points, etc. Hopefully this makes up for the lack of an inventory.

ok I like the idea, its up to you. I was thinking he could sell in stores but I forgot the fact he is exiled. I don't like the ring idea, there is already a game like that, "ZOMG" and you can put the potions on the hotkey instead of going to the menu. ( and you can just use it once in a minute ) I think its a nice Idea.
philippejugnet

Return to Art Updates