Database

PhilippeJugnet's blog, for everything art-related in Pxile. View the fantastic pixels.

Database

Postby philippejugnet » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Database:

Monsters:

Name:Bewlrin

Graphic:

Level: 20

Drops:

- 20% Image leather - 5% Image phoenix ring - 0.1% Image Bewlrin gem -

Items:

leather
"It stinks!"
Price: 30
Dropped by: Bewlrin

Bewlrin gem
"As bright as the moon
Double click to use. +50 Health, +10 Defense."
Price: 10,000

phoenix ring
"Heals a little HP and MP"
Cooldown: 5s
Price: 120
Last edited by philippejugnet on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
philippejugnet

Re: Database

Postby laneg » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:22 am

This is a good thread, because I'll probably need the information in this format to code enemies and item drops. Good idea!

Read my reply in the icon thread because I explained that there isn't an item menu in this game. There are two equipment menus instead:
The "Arm" menu equips your weapon(s), and the "Ring" menu equips items that change abilities, defenses, healing properties, resistances, saving ability, gameplay mechanics, basically everything.

So, for what you have right now, maybe make Bewlrin drop "Leather Ring", "Moonstone Ring", and "Elixir Ring". Healing item rings will be automatically used when necessary (which I think will make the game more fun and less about constantly opening your menu to heal...). However, don't make too many healing items, as I want to downplay healing entirely. When you save, you get full health. Other than that, it should just be about surviving with the health you have. Healing item rings like the "Phoenix Ring" should be very, very ... very ... rare, since they effectively give you double the HP you normally have.

Also, you don't have to do prices. Making shops would be time consuming for code and art, and would have people as shopkeepers. Remember - no people but Lune! The only items you get are the ones you find from enemies.

You can use the Bestiary to see item drops by enemy, though - including ???'s for the ones you've missed. Hopefully that's enough of a hint for rare items...
laneg
Site Admin

Re: Database

Postby philippejugnet » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 am

So, is this what you mean?
philippejugnet

Return to Art Updates